Webinars are a great way to "stay connected between conferences" and experience some of the professional development opportunities that are provided through the SIGUCCS conferences. Our webinars are offered quarterly at no charge. Use this as an opportunity to participate as a team or individually. You will be able to connect to the audio portion using VoIP or a telephone.
You can view past webinars by visiting the Past Webinars section below.
Upcoming Webinars (all times are Eastern):
- February 22, 3pm Increasing Security by Focusing on the End-Points
Register Now: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8120560063807329283
Join us for the first SIGUCCS Webinar of 2018! We are fortunate to have Brandon Deleeuw, Director of Client Solutions at UNC Charlotte, share his presentation on end-point security.
One of the most vulnerable parts of an IT infrastructure are the devices your end users use. University of North Carolina at Charlotte has focused on securing the end-points while at the same time reducing costs by leveraging built-in tools. We have changed our anti-virus software, deployed filevault and bitlocker to encrypt laptop hard drives, locked down printers, reviewed and changed our PCI methods, changed the way we deploy updates for Windows and Macs, and begun pushing Mac OS updates. We will discuss the organizational and technical changes we made to accomplish these goals along with the tips and tricks we learned along the way.
- March 29, 3pm Giving More Effective Feedback
- April 19, 3pm Fostering Independence: Project Work for Student Techs
- April 26, 3pm Connecting Students to Life Beyond the Campus Walls
- May 31, 3pm You Know you want to read this - Communicating Effectively in Tech Support
- June 28, 3pm Identifying IT Core Competencies